Eligibility for Admission for B.Sc
nursing (4 year)
1. Candidate should have passed the qualifying examination
(Hsc/Pre degree) after a period of 12 years of study a recognized
board/university with science, Physics, Chemistry and Biology)
and English with minimum of 45% aggregate marks in above
mentioned 4 subjects (PCBE) and for Sc/St Candidates, the
mark in PCBE subject is 40%
2. Minimum age of admission shall be 17 years on or before
31st December of the years admission
3. Only unmarried female candidates are eligible to apply
4. The candidate shall be medically fit.
5. Eligibility Certificate:
The Candidates who has passed any qualifying examination,
other than the higher secondary course examination conducted
by the Government of Tamil Nadu, before seeking admission,
shall obtain an eligibility Certificate from the Tamil Nadu
Dr. M.G.R. Medical University by remitting the prescribed
fees along with the application form which shall be downloaded
from the University website www.tnmgrmu.ac.in).
Eligibility for Admission for Post
B.Sc nursing (2 year)
1. Only girl candidates can apply. Married girls also
2. No age limit.
3. Should have passed Diploma in Nursing. (31/2 years)
4. Should have registered themselves with the Tamil Nadu
5. Fresher’s also can apply.
6. Candidates before seeking admission shall obtain an Eligibility
Certificate from the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University.
Mode of Selection & Admission
1. The Candidate will be notified about the personal interview.
2. At the time of interview the Candidate should have with
her the original school leaving certificate, mark list of
qualifying examination, TC issued by the institution last
attended and all other necessary certificates and physical
fitness certificate .
3. The selected candidate on admission should submit the
eligibility certificate from the Tamil nadu Dr.M.G.R. University.69,Annasalai,
Guindy, Chennai-600032, except those who have done the qualifying
examination (State Board) conducted by the Government of
The duration of the course FOR B.Sc Nursing shall be 4
years including internship and for Post Basic B.Sc Nursing
2 years. The course commences from 1st august of the academic
year. University examinations are conducted at the end of
the year (non semester pattern). Medium of instruction is
English for all the subjects of the study and for examination.
Jennys college of nursing provides rich clinical experience
and students will be posted in different tie up hospitals.
270 working days in an academic year is compulsory. A candidate
must have 90% attendance in both theory and practical in
each subject for appearing for the examination. A candidate
must have 100% attendance in each of the practical areas
before award of the degree.
The internal assessments consist of the following points
i. Theory – unit / monthly test, assignments, model
ii. Practical – clinical performance, clinical evaluation,
The aggregate marks in each subject (of theory, practical
and viva voce) scored by the student will be sent to the
university once in three months as internal assessment marks.
The internal assessment marks should be a minimum of 50%
marks in all subjects is mandatory for permitting the candidates
for university examination.
Commencement of the examination
The university examinations commences from 1st August of
Marks required for a pass
i. 50% of marks in each of the theory and practical paper
ii. 40% marks in English only
iii. 50% of marks in aggregate in theory, practical, internal
assessment and oral taken together
iv. A candidate has to pass in theory & practical exam
separately in each of the paper
v. If a candidate fails in either theory or practical paper
she has to reappear for both the papers. (theory & practical)
vi. The maximum period to complete the course successfully
should not exceed 8 years.
Fees and payments
At the time of admission fees prescribed by the government
should be paid. Tuition fees and other fees of each year
must be paid within a month of declaration of results.
The college shall do the needful to forward the relevant
details to the appropriate authorities for the students
who are eligible for scholarships.
College Rules & Regulations
• Students who voluntarily withdraw from the college
shall be required to pay the full fees for the entire course.
• No cell phones are allowed, communication facility
is provided in the hostel itself.
• No costly items (e.g. Jewellery etc.) will be kept
in the hostel. The individual is responsible for her own
possessions. The college hostel will not be responsible
for any loss.
• Adherence to timings for classes, meals and roll
call is mandatory.
• Students are required to wear the full uniform during
their clinical experience. When in uniform no form of jewels/anklets
is permitted to be worn except small ear studs without drops.
When in uniform hair must be put up.
• Vacations are planned according to the programme.
Extending of holidays is not permitted. If a student is
not able to return in time due to illness, it should be
intimated to the principal/ class co-coordinator immediately
followed by a written explanation. On return, student should
submit medical certificate issued by a medical practitioner
stating the full details of illness and treatment.
• Lack of attendance will result in not being able
to appear for university exams.
• Prior permission should be taken for other leaves.
• Fees must be paid within a month of declaration
of the results.
• Disciplinary actions will be taken on the students
who are not complying by the rules and regulations of the
college, and for any misbehavior/ misconduct.
• Ragging is strictly prohibited. As per the Supreme
Court order, any student indulging in any kind of ragging
will be dismissed from the college.
All students are expected to follow the rules & regulations
of the college and of the hostel.
A declaration accepting these rules & regulations &
agreeing to abide by them should be signed by each student
& The Parent/Guardian at the time of admission.